Delivering live and online
Convert your face-to-face delivery skills to the online world
What have we got here?
Delivering live and online is a self-paced, online course that you can start, finish or just dip into at any time. It's one of a growing catalogue of Skills Journey courses for learning professionals. You can buy this course on its own or subscribe to the whole catalogue.
Is this course right for me?
The course is aimed at anyone planning to deliver live, online sessions as part of a learning solution. Those who already have experience of face-to-face delivery will benefit from the opportunity to upgrade their skills for a new delivery medium, but no prior experience is required.
What will I learn?
This course will enable you to:
- make the case for being live and online;
- use voice and video to engage learners;
- design visual aids that support learning in the virtual classroom;
- incorporate interaction into your design;
- plan and prepare for a virtual classroom session;
- deliver your session effectively;
- support your learners beyond the virtual classroom.
How long will it take?
Well, it all depends.
- If you’re curious about something or you need to know urgently how to carry out a task, you could get in, get what you want and get out again in less than 10 minutes.
- If what you need is a quick appreciation of the subject matter covered by the course, you could watch all the lesson videos in an hour, give or take. You’d be better off spreading this over a few days, but if an hour is all you’ve got, then go ahead and binge.
- Our courses are roughly equivalent in scope to a one or two day classroom event. If you were to spend a whole day on one of our courses, perhaps spread over a week or two, you’d be able to complete all the activities and begin applying your new skills to your work.
How does it all work?
The course is comprised of nine lessons, each of which includes a video and sometimes an optional activity to complete. We'll also provide you with a range of valuable resources that you can use for on-going reference. If you complete the course, you'll receive a Skills Journey certificate.
This resource has been designed, developed and presented by the Skills Journey team, drawing upon decades of experience working with learning and development professionals across the world.
Lessons in this Course
StartGetting started (1:10)
StartDeciding to deliver live and online (3:21)
StartChoosing the right tool (1:58)
StartPlanning your session (4:30)
StartCommunicating live and online (7:03)
StartUsing interactivity (2:45)
StartBuilding up to your session (4:09)
StartFacilitating your session (4:06)
StartFollowing up (2:52)
StartPutting your learning into practice