Developing your team - coming soon
Nothing makes your job easier as a manager than a team that is fulfilling its potential
What have we got here?
Developing your team is a self-paced, online course that you can start, finish or just dip into at any time. It's one of a growing catalogue of Skills Journey courses for learning professionals. You can buy this course on its own or subscribe to the whole catalogue.
Is this course right for me?
The course is aimed at anyone who has direct reports, has the responsibility for their development and who wants to make a great job of doing this!
What will I learn?
This course will enable you to:
- determine priorities for individual and team development;
- ensure maximum benefit is obtained from formal learning;
- provide one-to-one support to your direct reports;
- develop your team as a whole;
- provide resources which will support your direct reports at the point of need;
- maximise the learning that takes place through the job itself;
- measure your progress in developing your team.
How long will it take?
Well, it all depends.
- If you’re curious about something or you need to know urgently how to carry out a task, you could get in, get what you want and get out again in less than 10 minutes.
- If what you need is a quick appreciation of the subject matter covered by the course, you could watch all the lesson videos in an hour, give or take. You’d be better off spreading this over a few days, but if an hour is all you’ve got, then go ahead and binge.
- Our courses are roughly equivalent in scope to a one or two day classroom event. If you were to spend a whole day on one of our courses, perhaps spread over a week or two, you’d be able to complete all the activities and begin applying your new skills to your work.
How does it all work?
The course is made up of nine lessons, each of which includes a video and sometimes an optional activity to complete. We'll also provide you with resources that you can use for on-going reference.
If you complete the course, you'll receive a Skills Journey certificate.
This resource has been designed, developed and presented by the Skills Journey team, drawing upon decades of experience working with learning and development professionals across the world.