Implementing your solution
Turn great designs into learning experiences that fulfil their potential every time
What have we got here?
Implementing your solution is a self-paced, online course that you can start, finish or just dip into at any time. It's one of a growing catalogue of Skills Journey courses for learning professionals. You can buy this course on its own or subscribe to the whole catalogue.
Is this course right for me?
The course is aimed at learning professionals who have a responsibility for managing the design, development and delivery of learning solutions, whether you operate internally as a manager, learning specialist or business partner, or externally as a consultant or project manager.
What will I learn?
This course will enable you to:
- address the potential concerns of key stakeholders;
- communicate with stakeholders effectively throughout your project;
- identify the software tools you need to support your project as it progresses;
- identify the causes of potential problems and plan pre-emptive action;
- identify the likely effects of potential problems and plan to minimise them;
- effectively market your solution;
- track progress of your solution;
- encourage completion.
How long will it take?
Well, it all depends.
- If you’re curious about something or you need to know urgently how to carry out a task, you could get in, get what you want and get out again in less than 10 minutes.
- If what you need is a quick appreciation of the subject matter covered by the course, you could watch all the lesson videos in an hour, give or take. You’d be better off spreading this over a few days, but if an hour is all you’ve got, then go ahead and binge.
- Our courses are roughly equivalent in scope to a one or two day classroom event. If you were to spend a whole day on one of our courses, perhaps spread over a week or two, you’d be able to complete all the activities and begin applying your new skills to your work.
How does it all work?
The course is composed of five lessons, each of which includes a short video and an activity to complete. The activities are optional but will help you to build your skills and confidence. We'll also provide you with a number of handouts that you can use for on-going reference as well as a summarising infographic.
If you complete the course, you will receive a Skills Journey certificate. If you want, you can complete an optional assignment to help you put what you have learned into practice and demonstrate your skills to others.
This resource has been designed, developed and presented by the Skills Journey team, drawing upon decades of experience working with learning and development professionals across the world.