What have we got here?
Practical 21st century classroom skills is a self-paced, online course that you can start, finish or just dip into at any time. It's one of a growing catalogue of Skills Journey courses for learning professionals. You can buy this course on its own or subscribe to the whole catalogue.
Is this course right for me?
The course is aimed at anyone planning to deliver classroom sessions as part of a learning solution. Those who are relatively new to classroom delivery will benefit most. No prior experience or technical knowledge is required.
What will I learn?
This course will enable you to:
- set out a classroom for different types of learning event;
- provide learners with all the resources they need to make the most of an event;
- use projectors and large-screen TVs to display visual aids;
- set up for sound playback;
- use flip charts, whiteboards and their electronic equivalents;
- use video cameras to make recordings of role plays and other activities;
- use audience response systems for learner interaction;
- prepare and use handouts, both electronic and hard copy;
- pack everything you need to cover every situation.
How long will it take?
Well, it all depends.
- If you’re curious about something or you need to know urgently how to carry out a task, you could get in, get what you want and get out again in less than 10 minutes.
- If what you need is a quick appreciation of the subject matter covered by the course, you could watch all the lesson videos in an hour, give or take. You’d be better off spreading this over a few days, but if an hour is all you’ve got, then go ahead and binge.
- Our courses are roughly equivalent in scope to a one or two day classroom event. If you were to spend a whole day on one of our courses, perhaps spread over a week or two, you’d be able to complete all the activities and begin applying your new skills to your work.
How does it all work?
The course is comprised of ten lessons, each of which includes a video and often a resource that you can use for on-going reference. If you complete the course, you'll receive a Skills Journey certificate.
This resource has been designed, developed and presented by the Skills Journey team, drawing upon decades of experience working with learning and development professionals across the world.
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It's a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish, if indeed you finish at all.
How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
What if I find the course isn't suitable for me?
Not a problem. You can get your money back up to 30 days after purchasing.
Why should I trust the content of this course?
The Skills Journey curriculum has been designed with the help of some of the world’s most respected thought leaders and most experienced practitioners. Our authors have helped thousands of learning professionals to transform their skills and improve their confidence. We base our content on the latest, evidence-based principles of teaching and learning and on practice that has been proven to work in the real world.
I'm interested in quite a few of your courses. Do I have to buy each one individually?
In a word, no! Our entire catalogue, plus extra goodies, is available on a subscription basis for £25 a month (or £200 if you pay on an annual basis). That works out at under £1 a day. You can dip in and out of the catalogue to your heart’s content to follow up on your interests or get support to help you with a current work challenge. Find out more
I'd like to enrol on this course. What happens next?
You cannot enrol yet because the course is not yet ready to launch. However, you can use the form above to register your interest and we'll tell you when it's available.
This course is not open for enrollment.